Deviant - Explorations in hops!
Beer is a complex beast. With so different ingredients and processes each giving endless nuances. As brewers, this makes what we do so exciting, keeping us fired up for each new beer.
With so many exciting hop varieties we wanted to experiment. Same malt and fermentation profile but different hops. Showcasing and highlighting the influence they have on the beer.
We have created a solid malt bill fermented with our house yeast strain. This providing the back drop to showcase combinations of the most fragrant and interesting hops available.
- Maris Otter Low Colour Pale Malt 90%
- Vienna Malt 5%
- Carapils Malt 5%
- Bitterness: 54 IBU
- Alcohol Strength: 5.6%
- Magnum hops to 10 IBU in the boil.
Then we add combinations of the following hops for each version.
- V1: Amarillo/Chinook/Citra
- V2: Mosaic/Chinook/Simcoe
- V3: Nelson Sauvin/Centennial
- V4: Vic Secret/Nelson Sauvin
- V5: Amarillo/Vic Secret/Cascade
- V6: Cascade/Citra/Galaxy
- V7: Chinook/Amarillo/Apollo
- V8: Columbus/Amarillo/Mosaic
- V9: Cascade/Centennial/Motueka
- V10: Motueka/Simcoe
- V11 onwards: ?
For keg customers the keg clip will denote which version you are drinking. For bottle customers the version number is on the BBE label located on the base of the bottle.
Enjoy and let us know which ones really work for you.