Full Time - Brewer
We are expanding our production and are now looking for a brewer to come on board to join our team.
Our focus is predominantly US and Belgian styles although we produce any beer styles that we find interesting and like to drink. Our plant will include a new 15 BBL main brew house from Johnson Brewing Equipment with Conical fermenters, Nitrogen recovery system and full glycol cooling system. We also have 200L pilot brewery for small batches, sour/brett beers and recipe develop. We have an exciting established barrel aged clean and sour beer program will continue to grow and develop.
You will be involved in carrying out all aspects of brewery production including and not limited to:
- Wort production
- Rigorous quality control including basic lab work
- Health and safety
- Brewery maintenance and cleanliness.
- Working to HACCP and Salsa standards
- Raw material management
- Fermentation management
- Yeast and Souring culture management
- Cellar management of our barrel aging program
- Packaging into keg, cask and bottle
- Help with deliveries as required.
We would also expect you to be available to work some shifts in our tap room on Friday PM and Saturdays as required as well as representing Dark Revolution at events and beer festivals as required.
Skills you will ideally possess:
- 1 year’s production brewery experience
- Good palate for tasting beers and identifying off flavours
- Passion for interesting and creative beers
- Full driving licence
- Legal right to work in the UK
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions to production issues.
- Demonstrated excellence at quality assurance and control
- Demonstrated understanding & successful management of all aspects of the brewing process
- The ideal candidate will also possess relevant brewing certifications from internationally recognized groups in the industry, such as Heriot-Watt University’s ICBD, IBD, Siebel, VLB, or UC Davis as well as certifications in relevant chemical handling and equipment operation
In return we will offer a competitive salary based on experience and full support for on going training and development.
Interested? Then get in touch. All applications treated in 100% confidence.